Klubowa Warszawa 14.09.

Moderator: Aga-2

Re: Klubowa Warszawa 14.09.

Postprzez Drixon » 2014-09-27, 15:33

Szanowni Państwo, proszę o przeniesienie dyskusji na pirv, ponieważ ostatnia wymiana zdań nie dotyczy przedmiotowego wątku - Państwa dyskusja została przeniesiona tutaj viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12063
Drixon

Ostrzeżeń: 0

Re: Klubowa Warszawa 14.09.

Postprzez MartaD » 2014-12-08, 16:47

W związku z wieloma oskarżeniami w tym wątku na temat sędziego Benjamina Taylora, na jego prośbę zamieszczam oświadczenie w tej sprawie.
Tym samym zamykam wątek.

"My name is Ben Taylor (Malicloy Bernese), I come from Australia and I had the privilege and honour to judge the Polish Specilaty in September 2014.
When innocently searching on Google I came across some remarks written on your Polish Forum for Bernese Breeders. I find many of the insinuations defamatory and quite offensive. I do not know “Bober” personally but I find the unfounded derogatory remarks a personal attack on my ethics as an international judge and I wish to offer the following response to some of the issues raised.
As a breeder and Judge from the other side of the world I pride myself on being ethical, unbiased and able to find some nice Bernese and place them according to the attributes I find in accordance with the breed standard. I noticed one of the points raised was why I would award a dog with canine teeth missing. I realise that your standard calls for complete dentition, but as I was presented with a quality dog that was complete with Veterinary certificate, I was willing to forgive the imperfection. As a judge I am trying to find worthy specimens of the breed that show qualities that can benefit the breed if used at Stud (if a Male). The Male I gave BOB to has NO chance of passing on missing teeth to his progeny. It is not a genetic fault. Those that created the breed standards we use today would not have created the Standard with the spirit of excluding dogs with missing teeth due to an injury. They were concerned with genetic faults such as missing pre-molars etc that could be passed onto progeny.
I note that my drinking the night before the day of judging was an issue also. As an international person who does not speak Polish and does not drink regularly, I enjoyed a night with fellow judges at dinner and refused no offer of a drink for fear of offending my hosts. My remarks that I “Felt Drunk” on Facebook I agree was silly but I also said what wonderful company I was in the presence of. I would also like to add that one can “Feel like a King”, yet it doesn’t mean I am a King! I am insulted to see remarks that alcohol was smelt on my breath and may have affected my decisions on the day of judging. This is a lie and if I look tired it was probably because I had only just come off the plane the day before from a 24 hour flight from Australia. I was jet lagged terribly and had little sleep since arriving in Poland!
As an ethical judge who wished to have an unbiased view of the dogs I was about to judge, I chose not to look at the judging of Bernese the day prior to my day of judging. I felt this reasonable as I like to have a fresh view of the dogs with no pre-conceived ideas. My dear friend Teresa Diek did the honourable thing and did not enter any dogs under me as I have a long standing friendship with her. To her credit she also made no comment as to any dogs I possibly might see on my day of judging. I arrived on the day of judging thinking I would have NO Deikowej Doliny dogs to judge. I knew no-body and had no favours to give. My judging was pure and unbiased. I am proud of my judging and I would change nothing I did on the day. To my surprise, after judging when looking at the catalogue, I find that my BOB winner was a dog bred by Teresa. This should be no surprise to anyone really, as Teresa and I share a similar “Eye” for a dog and this particular dog was one of the only dogs on the day that displayed very important breed specific traits that were important to me. He was balanced, was not extreme in any way, had a beautiful temperament, had correct movement with a correct top-line and displayed the correct proportions in ‘body length’ to ‘height at withers’ ratio. Yes he had some teeth missing and was not in full coat, but I forgave this knowing that he was an outstanding specimen of the breed and was deserving to be used in any breeding program when put to the right bitch. When he matures in a year or two he will been an even more outstanding representative of our breed!
I notice also a reference in “BoBer’s” comments as to why I kept referring to my notes as if I was cheating. These notes were written by myself and were purely to remind myself of key points when doing final placements. Things such as poor bites, poor tail carriage, poor tail set, poor movement, entopic eyes, poor temperament were all noted by myself as a reminder when I was making final placements. I asked my steward for my placement numbers after each class, so I had it as a reference when I went home. No information was exchanged between myself and the steward and I find it an insult that my integrity as a judge has been questioned. Especially on such a public forum.
I could continue my dialogue explaining different aspects of what “BoBer” has written, but I find it futile and infuriating. Not knowing who this person is, I guess that he did not place well with the dogs shown under me? If that is the case I suggest it would probably be because the dogs shown were either of poor proportions, overly heavy/ fine or not sound and/or balanced in movement? All of which I saw a lot of on the day and find it is becoming a problem within our breed worldwide.
I wish not to continue any further dialogue on this matter, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth after experiencing such a fabulous trip to Poland. Everyone was so polite and welcoming that I met. Had BoBer had an issue with my judging, I wish he had the decency to approach me privately and raise his concerns so I could explain my choices in a civilised manner.
Having travelled a long way, at great personal expense I hope the majority of exhibitors appreciated my opinions and I look forward to putting these personal attacks behind me and moving forward to breed better Bernese in Australia. I am proud to be an ethical breeder and judge, despite the poor taste in which these negative remarks have been made.
I look forward to meeting you all again someday in the future…
Kind regards
Ben Taylor
“Malicloy” Bernese"
MartaD
Administrator

Ostrzeżeń: 0
psy: Lusionki
Hodowla: Lusion

Poprzednia strona

Powrót do Wystawy 2014